What is the best laundry detergent for sensitive skin?
Do you suffer from sensitive skin? Or, do you have a history of eczema or contact dermatitis? If you do, you may observe that your symptoms tend to be activated when you have clothes which have just been washed. Itching, scratching and red rashes could be caused by an allergic reaction to your laundry detergent. Dyes, fragrances and enzymes are known to be allergens that are left as residues on your clothes and irritate sensitive skin, as a result.
Below are some recommended tips when choosing the best laundry detergent for sensitive skin:
- Choose detergents that are hypoallergenic, free of dyes and fragrances and specially formulated for sensitive skin.
- Try liquid detergents, instead of powders, as they tend to create less residue on clothes.
- Try complementing the detergent with a fabric softener, so your clothes become gentler on the skin, avoiding any breakout of rash.
- Use your washing machine’s “extra rinse” setting (if available) to prevent residue from accumulating on clothes. Same for new bedding, napkins and towels, especially for babies.
- Wash new clothes before wearing them. New clothes may contain chemicals on their finish due to the fabric dying processes during their production.
- Use an appropriate amount of detergent. If your clothes are smelly or stained, it is tempting to overload on detergent. However, by using more than the usual amount, residues tend to be created on your clothes. This not only stiffens the clothes but can trigger allergic reactions too.
Look no further! bio-home Laundry Detergent Delicate is a specially formulated, non-toxic, pH netural detergents suitable for all types of fabric. It uses 100% plant-based ingredients and is mild and gentle on dry, sensitive skin. It also contains Silk Protein, a natural ingredient, hydrolyzed from pure silk fibers to be easily absorbed into our skin to retain moisture and lends your clothes a softness that is oh-so-heavenly.
For all the do’s and dont’s with regard to your laundry, explore bio-homes Complete Laundry Guide here.