Choosing the Right Laundry Detergent for Indoor Drying
It’s easy to take clean, dry clothes for granted. However, when the temperatures drop and the weather turns overcast and rainy, one of the first things we start worrying about is ensuring our laundry gets dry in time. Indoor drying is a great solution, but without exposure to sunlight and adequate ventilation, the result can be unpleasant, musty clothes.
Choosing the right laundry detergent can help you avoid having stale-smelling clothes. With the right detergent and some easy indoor-drying hacks, you’ll achieve a fresh, dry, and well-laundered wash with every load.
Why choose a natural laundry detergent
A high-quality laundry detergent gives you great results whether you’re drying indoors or outdoors. Choose a naturally formulated product with anti-microbial protection and long-lasting fragrance for best outcomes.
Here are the three things you should look for in a laundry detergent, especially for indoor drying:
- Anti-microbial protection – For clothes dried indoors, mustiness and staleness could be caused by bacteria and other factors. Your laundry detergent should have advanced technology in anti-microbial protection, which helps your clothes achieve that pleasant smelling and fresh outcome after each wash.
- Long-lasting fragrance – Choose a laundry detergent that comes with long-lasting fragrance. Instead of detergents with synthetic fragrance, choose a plant-based one that uses natural, phthalates-free fragrance.
- Natural and plant based – Look for a natural, plant-based product that’s free of synthetic fragrances, irritating chemicals, and artificial enzymes. For example, bio-home’s all-natural laundry detergent achieves an immaculate, hygienic clean and keeps your clothing smelling great without irritating the skin and eyes. It also offers all-natural advanced technology in anti-microbial protection, so your clothes won’t smell musty or stale.
Tips for achieving clean, fresh results every time
Picking the right detergent is the key first step in achieving excellent laundry outcomes whether you’re drying indoors or not, but you should also be washing your clothes in the right way. Apply these practical tips for spotless, hygienic, and pleasant-smelling results with every load.
- Morning wash – Try to run your laundry cycle in the morning so you’re drying your clothes in the day time. Even though you’re drying indoors, your clothes will have the benefit of the natural light and extra warmth that enters your house during the daylight hours. This can help minimise odours and make indoor drying more efficient.
- Pick the right space – When drying indoors, place your clothing racks in the sunniest and breeziest part of your home. Leave a window or two open if possible, and dry on your balcony if you have one and it’s practical to do so. Avoid the dark, humid, and poorly lit areas of the house. By choosing the best place to dry your clothes, you’ll allow your clothes to dry faster by boosting ventilation and light.
- Space it out – Make sure your laundry items are well spaced out to support appropriate ventilation. Clothes that are spaced too closely together can be prevented from drying properly as there’s no room for ventilation and evaporation. The thicker the material, the more space it’ll need to ensure the water evaporates.
- Use the right hangers – Along with spacing clothing items out correctly, using the right hangers allows you to achieve the best indoor-drying results. For confined spaces and small homes, this can be especially important. Optimise space efficiency in well-ventilated areas by using a combination of racks, hangers, and airers for the types of items you’re washing. Whether it’s a large rack with widely spaced bars, swivel airers with pegs for smaller items, or basic clothing hangers, use whatever you need to achieve a great drying process.
- Flip it inside out – If you’re home during the day, take the opportunity to flip your clothes inside out or turn them over on the rack. By doing this in the middle of the drying process, you’ll expose the other surface areas and allow the water to evaporate. This will give you a faster drying time as well as a more pleasant-smelling load of laundry.
Learn more about getting the best laundry outcomes for your clothes with bio-home’s complete guide to laundry.
The best way to dry your clothes indoors
A dry, ready-to-wear load of laundry is something most of us probably take for granted – until we can’t dry your clothes in time. Setting up an effective system for drying indoors means you won’t end up with slow-to-dry clothes that end up musty and stale. Part of this requires choosing the right laundry detergent, which should offer long-lasting fragrance as well as anti-microbial protection. Choosing all-natural, plant-based products like bio-home’s eco-friendly and non-toxic Laundry Detergent and Delicate Laundry Detergent for a fresh, hygienic clean every time, even if you’re drying indoors.
Bio-home is a leading provider of 100% plant-based, biodegradable laundry products for all of your laundry requirements. Find out more about our laundry detergent and delicate laundry detergent and explore our blog for more news and tips on keeping your home clean and pleasant.