How to remove vomit stains
Anyone will agree that getting vomit on any sort of fabric is both disgusting and troublesome to clean. The most important thing is to act quickly to ensure that it does not leave a lasting visible reminder or a lingering odour.
- Soak up and remove as much vomit as possible with paper towels.
- Sponge the stain thoroughly with a solution of baking soda.
- Using an appropriate carpet cleaning agent, make repeated applications until the stain is fully removed.
- Rinse the affected area with warm water mixed with some disinfectant.
- If there is a persistent odour, try sprinkling some baking soda on the affected area and leave it for a few hours before vacuuming it up.
- Rinse the fabric from the back of the stain with cold water.
- Have it machine-washed with detergent as per usual.
- For cotton, soak them in an enzyme-based pre-soaking agent.
- For silk and wool, soak them in a solution of detergent that is suitable for delicates.
- Remember to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and check the garment’s care label.