How to achieve a clean glass: Removing labels
Removing Sticky Labels on Glass
Store-bought glasses and jars often come with a sticky label that can be difficult to remove. If you’re looking for a household solution, we recommend applying an oil or alcohol-based product such as vegetable oil or nail polish remover. However, if the label is stubborn, you try specially formulated label removers. Follow these steps to effectively remove sticky labels from your glasses or jars.
- Soak the glass or jar in a tub of hot water until the water cools.
- Labels attached with water-based glue should come off easily at this stage. If it does not, apply some label remover solution on a piece of cloth and press it over the label. Ensure that every part of the label has absorbed some of the solution.
- Leave it to soak for 10 minutes before rubbing it off with a cloth.
- For particularly stubborn labels, submerge the glass or jar overnight in a vinegar solution or cooking oil. Then, use a remover agent to rub it off.
- Wash the glasses or jars in dishwashing detergent and leave them to dry.
Always be reminded to wear protective gloves to protect your hands while using cleaning products!